Search This Blog

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Erin Burnett refers to GWB as "the Monkey in the Middle"



UPDATE:
Here bosses at CNBC must have told her that an apology was in order so she gives us this lame one.

Did you find any attempt at humor in her original insult? Neither did I.

UPDATE: There is something offensive about apologies that include the now-standard formulation “I apologize if I offended anyone.”

There are so many things wrong with that statement. First, is there any question that you said something that offended people? I sent an e-mail to MSNBC that told them I was offended by her reference to President Bush as a monkey. Apparently mine was not the only communication that the network received.

“If I offended anyone…?”

Damn right, Miss Silicone, you offended a lot of people and that issue is not in question. The proper response is along the lines of: “I offended a lot of people and they let me and my employers know it. I apologize for my inappropriate comments.”

No comments: