So let me get this straight ...
According to a story in the NY Times today,
1. Iran pulls the rug out from under the Sadrists by throwing its support behind the Iraqi government and Maliki.
2. The government gains control of Sadr City
3. All of Sadr's fighters are still subject to arrest
4. The Sadr militia has lost the popular support of Sadr City residents.
5. The political establishment has turned against the Sadrists.
6. The government maintained a stranglehold on resupply for the Sadrists.
7. The Sadrists are outgunned and outclassed, militarily.
8. The militia has ordered their gunmen to "disappear from the streets"
9. Under the terms of the deal, the government is allowed to search Sadr City for weapons
10. The Iraqi Army gains invaluable operational experience, taking the lead in the operation against the Sadrists in Sadr City
...And yet according to reporter Alissa Rubin, "it's not clear who won."
Seriously, Alissa. Does that look like a draw to you? Or did you just wake up and heat up a can of dumbass for breakfast?
Search This Blog
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Via Jason at COUNTERCOLUMN