Some on the Left are calling us "whiners" and crybabies because we are not celebrating the coming of "The One We Have Been Waiting For."
Some on the Right are congratulating Mr. Obama; one even called him “good.” It seems that they have not learned the lessons of the past.
Keeping in mind that dissent is the highest form of patriotism; we see no reason why we can’t be in the vanguard of dissent. In fact, are we not much more patriotic than the supporters of The One who has just been elected "The Man?"
With that in mind, and with an eye to history, let us remind ourselves what we have in Mr. Obama.
• A charismatic leader who inspired huge audiences with his rhetoric in Berlin.
• Who promises a rebirth of hope and change.
• Who frequently uses elaborate imagery and stagecraft.
• Who makes women weep and men shout themselves hoarse during his speeches.
• Who is handsome and attractive to young maidens.
• Who is taking over in a time of economic turmoil.
• Who has the support of many leading industrialists and financiers who believe they can control him.
• Who is planning to draft both young and old into government work details. Will the Civilian Security Force have uniforms, armbands or distinctive insignia? We don’t know yet.
• Who thinks the constitution is flawed and could use a rewrite.
• Who finds an armed populace dangerous and wants to destroy the second amendment.
• Who promises to re-distribute the wealth.
• Whose followers intimidate and shout down the opposition.
• Who has the press totally on his side.
• Whose allies have plans to silence dissenting voices.
• Whose associates are blatant racists and anti-Semites.
• Who made his money from writing a book.
• Who was street organizer.
• Who had father problems.
My older sister was born in Holland 80 years ago. That would be 1928. She was a teenager during WW 2. She’s terrified. Wonder why?