Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Truths about the media for consrvatives

Ten Media Truths for Conservative/Republican Legislators
  1. The Media hates you, and wants you to die in a grease fire.
  2. The Media will only reliably compliment you when you do things to help liberals and Democrats.
  3. The Media loves it when you attack other conservatives/Republicans.
  4. You will never, ever, ever be able to reliably buy off the Media by being a ‘good’ (i.e., self-hating) conservative/Republican.
  5. Every flaw that you have – real or perceived – will be magnified by the Media. You will get no slack at all.
  6. Every flaw that your opponent has – real or perceived – will be downplayed by the Media.
  7. If you get an endorsement from a major Media source, it’s probably because your opponent was caught in a horrific scandal. So don’t count on getting that endorsement the next time.
  8. The Media has no shame, no sense of guilt, and no institutional memory of its own faults, flaws, and prejudices. Do not appeal to its better nature: the Media could care less about your opinion of it.
  9. Do not whine about any of this: the truth is, this unrelenting hostility from the Media will (if properly handled) simply make you an unstoppable political machine.
  10. Most importantly: THE MEDIA DID NOT ELECT YOU. The voters did. Keep that in mind when you’re working out your legislative priorities.

I believe this with all my heart.  If I were ever to run for office, or advise someone I knew who's running for office I would run against the media.   I would ignore my political opponent in the knowledge that the media is his main base of support - apart from Yellow-Dog Democrats.  And the media is hated with a white hot hatred by the voters I want to attract.  The strategy is to attack the media while tying my opponent to the media.  My message: "the Fascist/Communist/Evil/Lying hacks who always want to raise your taxes, waste your money and tell you what to do are on my opponents side; you don't want to vote for the Evil One, do you?"   It's a slam dunk!

No comments: