Search This Blog

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Obama: That Dollar Bill Thing? Yeah, I Was Talking About My Being Black. Credulous And Fawning Media Hit Hardest. UPDATE: Not Everyone Got The Memo

Via Ace of Spades:

After spending a couple days denying that obvious, Obama admits that his "You know, he’s new, he’s... doesn’t look like the other presidents on the currency, you know, he’s got a, he’s got a funny name" remark did refer to his being black.

"I don’t think it’s accurate to say that my comments have nothing to do with race," Obama said. "Here's what I was saying and I think this should be undisputed: That I don’t come out of central casting, when it comes to presidential races. For a whole range of reasons. I’m young, I’m new to the national scene, my name is Barack Obama, I am African American, I was born in Hawaii, I spent time in Indonesia. I do not have the typical biography of a presidential candidate. What that means is that I’m sort of unfamiliar and people are still trying to get a fix on who I am, where I come from, what my values are and so forth in a way that might not be true if I seemed more familiar."


I love the contorted double negative at the beginning.

So, let's do the under the bus body count on this one...his own spokesman, the blogging editors of the NY Times and most of the rest of the media.

Andrea Mitchell, who volunteered to serve as Obama's chief defender and attacker of McCain on this matter, was unavailable for comment.

A note to the Obama masses in the media...in case you haven't noticed you and what credibility you have are disposable. But fear not, for while you may be laughed at in this lifetime, the Obamassiah will surely reward you in the next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BHO admits there was a racial element to his remarks? Someone should tell his spokeshumans appearing on the news shows. Daschle didn’t get the memo. I think people are going to soon get fatigued from this constant racial discussion. I am tired of it already. Should these petty squabbles continue I cannot see it helping BHO's campaign.