Search This Blog

Friday, May 04, 2012

Obama describes black friend with white girlfriend in "Dreams ...."

Via Althouse   ...  and Glenn Reynolds who asks:
When your girlfriend says that she loves you, is “thank you” an appropriate response?
From Barack Obama's autobiography: "Dreams From My Father"
Tim was not a conscious brother. Tim wore argyle sweaters and pressed jeans and talked like Beaver Cleaver. He planned to major in business. His white girlfriend was probably waiting for him up in his room, listening to country music. He was happy as a clam, and I wanted nothing more than for him to go away. I got up, walked with him down the hall to my room, gave him the assignment he needed.

As soon as I got back to Reggie’s room, I somehow felt obliged to explain. “Tim’s a trip, ain’t he,” I said, shaking my head. “Should change his name from Tim to Tom.”
Has anyone ever really read this book? First the dog eating thing, now the Uncle Tom slurs.  In view of our experience these last three years with Obama, these are very revealing passages.

Could Barack Obama be getting the vetting he didn’t get in 2008?  Is Breitbart’s promise coming true?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and you know every reporter in the Wash DC/NY corridor has this book on the shelf. Nothing to see here, obviously.

thisishabitforming said...

If I was Barry, I wouldn't be criticizing anybody's jeans.